ASIC Investment committee webinar
On 29 September 2016 ASIC released the updated Class Order for Managed Discretionary Accounts.
In this webinar IMAP provided an initial overview of the key changes that ASIC announce.
A more complete presentation, in collaboration with ASIC was held after this event.
The main focus of the webinar was on a panel discussion on the best practice for Dealer Groups in establishing and maintaining an Investment Committee, with particular reference to Managed Accounts.
Topics covered included:
• Objectives of an Investment Committee
• Independence vs in house membership
• Integration of the IC into the broader organisation structure
• What should be in the Charter / Policy Statement
• Monitoring and managing performance and risk metrics of the Managed Account investment programs
• Fees – what should a dealer group expect to pay for independence?
The presenters are all experienced in participating in Investment Committees for AFSLs with a wide range of authorisations from large and smaller dealer groups, MDA Operators, Responsible Entities for managed funds and stockbrokers;
• Angela Ashton - researcher - Evergreen Consultants
• Annika Bradley - Financial Services Consultant
• Gordon Quah Smith - Lawyer
• Dan Powell - Onevue
Click here for a copy of the recent webinar of 5th October 2016